Hill Campus of Arts and Sciences will be hosting prospective student and family tours and shadows the first week in November until the last last week of January.
Each Hill Campus of Arts and Sciences shadow & tour experience starts at 8:00 am on designated dates. Prospective students will have an opportunity to spend time in a Hill classroom while parents take a tour of the school. While prospective families can attend any of our shadow dates, we have designated specific days for each elementary school so that students can experience Hill with their friends and have the least amount of impact on their 5th grade classes. While each date has been created for students from specific schools all dates are open to any prospective family that wants to attend.We currently offer a full day shadow or a morning shadow class experience.
Morning Shadow Agenda
Full Day Shadow Agenda
8:00 am: Introductions and Video Presentation
8:10 am: Electives Presentation
8:20 am: Prospective students begin full day shadow of classes and Parents tour school
9:30 am: Parents observe elective classes
12:40 pm: Lunch provided for prospective students
2:35 pm: Student dismissal
Hill Campus of Arts and Sciences is a full participant in the Denver Public Schools Choice System. For more information about SchoolChoice, please visit http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/.
DPS SchoolChoice Process
The DPS SchoolChoice office has provided the following important information to parents to guide them in the choice process.
- Round 1 in the SchoolChoice process happens during the month of February . This is for the release of the paper forms as well as Online SchoolChoice.
- The deadline for Round 1 in the SchoolChoice process is February 28th, 2018, at 4:00pm for paper forms or online forms. Parents should make their choice selections by one method only and should NOT complete both printed and online choice forms.
- DPS encourages parents of currently enrolled DPS students to create a Parent Portal account in order to participate in the online SchoolChoice system. Participating in this online SchoolChoice system means parents will not have to drop off or mail a SchoolChoice form, and they may find out the school their student has successfully choiced into sooner.
- Parents of new DPS students may also participate in online SchoolChoice by pre-enrolling and creating a Parent Portal account.
- In mid-November, DPS will send Enrollment Guides in the following manner: For 5th grade students, DPS will send Enrollment Guides home in backpacks; for 8th grade students, DPS will mail Enrollment Guides home.
First Round SchoolChoice
When the First Round SchoolChoice student assignment process is run, several factors are considered. The following information is used to prioritize applicants who are interested in attending McAuliffe International School.
- No particular type of applicant is guaranteed admission in the First Round.
- All applicants will be prioritized in the following way:
- Students who live in the Stapleton-Park Hill shared middle school enrollment zone*
- Denver residents who have a currently-attending sibling who will also be at the school next year.
- All other Denver Residents
- All other Non-Denver Residents
McAuliffe International School is a full participant in the Denver Public Schools Choice System. For more information about SchoolChoice, please visit http://schoolchoice.dpsk12.org/.
* All middle school students residing in the Stapleton – Park Hill middle school shared boundary are guaranteed a spot at one of the shared boundary middle schools, but not at a particular middle school no matter what proximity your residence is to a school in that boundary.
McAuliffe International School makes every attempt to accommodate siblings who apply together in the same school year. Meaning, if one sibling applicant is assigned to this school, the other may be too.
Second Round SchoolChoice
DPS notifies families regarding your student’s school assignment in mid-March. If you fill out your form online, expect to receive an email notification. If you submit a paper form, you will receive a mailed letter.
Round Two of SchoolChoice
Round 2 of SchoolChoice begins in late March. This is the first-come, first-served segment of Choice for families who missed Round 1. Round 2 SchoolChoice forms will be available at all schools and at http://schoolchoice.dpsk12. org/. Submit your completed Round 2 form directly to your most preferred school that has availability for the next school year.