Hill Rainbow Alliance Club (RAC) 2018 – 2019
When? Starts October 30th, 2018 on every Tuesday from 2:50 pm to 4:00 pm
Where? Hill library
Who? All grade level students are welcome, all students who identify as LGBTQ+, and Allys
What? A Rainbow Alliance is a student club that works to…
• Promote a more inclusive and accepting learning environment for all students.
• Reduce harassment or teasing, especially related to a person’s real or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity.
• A safe place to discuss concerns such as: how to support a friend who is realizing their sexual orientation, how to respond to direct harassment or joking remarks about sexual orientation, and where to get help if you or a friend need it.
• Plan events to educate the school community and to debunk stereotypes about LGBTQ+ individuals. To help others on being aware on how important it is to connect with all kinds of people.
• Empower young people to become leaders and role models within their school community. To teach students knowledge and skills to confront injustice and advocate for equality.
• Have fun!
Questions? Contact Ms. Shannon(SHANNON_HUMPHREY@dpsk12.org)