For parents and Youth ages 10 -14
Do you want to:
- Help your children succeed in the future?
- Keep your children from serious behavior problems like drug and alcohol use?
- Maintain a positive relationship with your children during the challenging teen years?
In just seven two-hour sessions:
- You will learn how to show love while setting limits.
- Your children will develop skills in handling peer pressure and building a positive future.
- Your family will grow and have fun together.
The program is delivered in a creative way for parents, youth, and families using realistic videos, role-playing, discussions, learning games, and family projects.
|Parent Session 5:30pm-6:30pm||Youth Session 5:30pm-6:30pm||Family Session 6:30pm-7:30pm|
|October 3rd||***||Love and Limits||Goal Treasure Maps||Family Games; Goals and Dreams Activity|
|October 10th||***||Making House Rules||Parent Appreciation Activity||Family Strengths Tree|
|October 17th||***||Encouraging Good Behavior||Coping with Stress||Family Meetings|
|October 24th||***||Using Consequences||Driving Game; Adult Rules and Responsibilities||Family Meeting Ground Rules; Family Shield|
|November 7th||***||Listening/Building Bridges||Keeping out of trouble and keeping your friends||Listening Game|
|November 14th||***||Protecting against substance abuse||Road Signs; Role Play||Peer Pressure Resistance Skills|
|November 21st||***||Getting help for special family needs||Teen Panel||Program Graduation|
|The Strengthening Families Program is sponsored by Denver Public Safety Youth Programs, DPS Substance Use Prevention Unit and Hill Campus of Arts & Sciences
Dinner and childcare (for kids ages 4-9 only) will be provided.
To refer a family or for more information about the program, please contact:
Alice Franco at 720-423-3144 or via email at email@example.com